What do you think of my fancy skills??

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Funnel Cakes and Navajo Tacos

We went to the State Fair yesterday. After I got off work Scott and the kids met me at the SOB (for those that don't know that means Sheriff's Office Building) and off we went. I thought it was going to be rainy so I dressed for it and wouldn't you know it didn't rain the whole time we were there. We had a lot of fun. Ethen and Marley wanted to fish in the little DNR pond that was set up. They both caught fish in no time. Marley was too scared to touch her fish (blue gil have sharp spines). Ethen had to pose with the Lamb. It was really cute. We didn't get any funnel cakes or navajo tacos (the wanted $9.00 for one!) but we got to see all the animals and arts that we wanted to see. And of course the fair is also good for people watching!

I LOVE this picture!

Ethen posing with the Lamb

He had so much fun.

Look at her face. You can tell she didn't want to
touch the fish.

This pig was a HOG! He was huge. He was
whispering sweet nothings to the female in the
next pen.

This was one of the Tigers that they had doing
shows. They were so amazing to watch.

This Jersey Cow reminded me of Aries a little.

They were all cuddled up.

2 comments:

Kelseybob said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. We love the fair, but did make it this year since Ryan is in a play and in rehearsals every night. :( Bummer.

The Viehweg's said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We usually go every year this year however, we are in the middle of potty training and I havn't been brave enough to go that far away from my house yet.