What do you think of my fancy skills??

Monday, September 8, 2008

I DESPISE Election Year!!!!!



I'm SO annoyed about this election year. I know that there is mud slinging every presidential election, but I really think that this year takes the cake. This election year is historical. I'm still not sure who I'm going to vote for. There is a huge percentage of Americans that have no idea who they are going to vote for. I watched both parties conventions and I am leaning toward one candidate more then the other, but the mud slinging and dirt digging that the media is doing really isn't helping my decision (but it's not hurting it either). Honestly its just burning my @$$. We should be proud that this country has come so far! We could either have a black President or a female Vice President. So either way something historical is going to happen. It's just really making me want to shut the television off when the attacks start on Obama/Biden and McCain/Palin. I think it is amazing that these people can balance their families and their jobs. And so what if Obama had an early career as a community organizer and so what if Palin's daughter is pregnant and McCain is old and Biden is well Biden. Is that really going to effect how either one of these people are going to perform their jobs? NO! BAH! No one cares (well I guess people do care or magazines like US Weekly wouldn't be putting stupid headlines on their covers). I feel much better after my temper tantrum:)

2 comments:

Kelseybob said...

I agree, but for me it does change my opinion about the candidates. When they mud sling I wonder what it is that they are trying to hid. They are people, the have had things happen in their lives that everyone else has had... things happen to everyone and I think the last thing you want is to have it opeded up to the public. Look at who they are now and how they are going to do the job, not what they did when they were young and stupid, or what their kids with free agency do.

I feel better after that rant too. Thanks. :)

Ashley Armstrong said...

I totally agree! It drives me nuts to hear both sides nitpicking on every little detail! And I absolutely HATE that the "unbiased" media always picks on the conservative candidates! I guess it just drives me nutso that most people are so friggin narrow-minded that they can't see beyond the things that don't matter to get at the heart of what a candidate is saying (or trying to say.) I do know who I'm voting for, but honestly in this election, I truly feel like I'm simply picking the lesser of two evils. Not a good feeling...