What do you think of my fancy skills??

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Charlaine Harris: Dead until Dark




I LOVE True Blood and after much thought decided I would give the Sookie Stackhouse Series a chance. Dead Until Dark follows Sookie Stackhouse, a barmaid who lives in Bon Temps, Louisiana. Sookie is special, she can read people's minds...it's more like hearing people's thoughts. She is working one night at Merlotte's when Bill Compton enters the bar. Bill is a vampire (que the drama music!). Vampires have officially come out of the coffin so to speak. Sookie's parents were killed when she was a little girl so she went to live with her Gran and has a brother named Jason (he is a bit of a man whore.). After Sookie meets Bill mysterious things start to happen in Bon Temps. Someone is killing women who like to hang out with vampires and in the vampire bars. There is a string of interesting characters in this book. Arlene (a friend of Sookies that works with her at Merlottes), Sam (the owner of Merlottes who has a secret of his own), Andy Bellfleur (works for the local Police Department), and many, many more! If you haven't seen the True Blook READ THE BOOKS FIRST! I really truly wish I would have read the books before watching True Blood!!! The book is a bit boring, especially since I've ruined it and watched the TV Series first. Check it out anyway! You might really like it:) Let me know what you think!

0 comments: