What do you think of my fancy skills??

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day



I had to work today so honestly it just seemed like another day at the jail. If it weren't for the visitors telling us all Happy Mother's day I would probably not even notice. But Happy Mother's day to everyone that is a mom or will be one:) The kids made me cards (which were very cute), Ethen made me a cute flower pen and Marley gave me a carnation. It was a very sweet, mild day. I attempted to go out and weed the flower garden that is in the front of the house, but the kids told me to sit down and relax because it was Mother's day. Scott had to work overtime, which made me a little sad. It's my first official Mother's day, and I kind of feel weird. It's probably because I'm a step-mom. I know that really doesn't matter, but I feel like I don't deserve to celebrate it. Anyway, it's bedtime! Hope everyone had a wonderful day today!!!! Smoochies to all.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You're a step mom so you don't deserve to celebrate mother's day?? Are you kidding me? You feed them, work to provide for them, love them, and do everything as if you were their own mother. Of course you should celebrate it! You deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

Being a mother is more than giving birth: it's nurturing, caring, and teaching, loving and hugging, kissing and cleaning booboos; it's caring for all the world's children, mothering those lost souls around us; it's being a woman of the greastest good.

So......

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY now and always.

~~~~Beth