What do you think of my fancy skills??

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dean Koontz: Relentless


I LOVE Dean Koontz. His books are so intense and they hold my attention. Relentless was a great book except for the end. As my friend Kim put it "it seems like he got 3/4 of the way through writing the book and decided he needed to wrap it up". Relentless follows a novel writer Cullen "Cubby" Greenwich, his wife Penny, their son Milo and their dog Lassie. Cubby writes a book and it gets a bad review by a critic named Sherman Waxx. Cubby gets curious about him and decides he is going to be at the same resturant for lunch that Waxx has lunch at every day. From that moment on the book takes off on to wild twists and turns. Waxx turns out to be a total sociopath that tries to kill the family like he has done to others before Cubby. This book kept me on my toes and I love Milo and Lassie. Milo is 6 (I think maybe 5) and he is SUPER smart! He is always taking things apart and building things. I recommend this book, but don't be surprised by how lame the ending is! If you read it let me know what you think!

0 comments: