What do you think of my fancy skills??

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Okay, I can handle this 30 thing

So I had my Thirtieth birthday yesterday. It has been an interesting weekend for sure! Scottward and I went to Strawberry Res all day on Saturday. It was pretty fun, got a little burned and didn't catch any fish, but it was nice just to get out on the lake:) It was really peaceful. Then Sunday we had breakfast with my birthday twin Nikki! Love her. Her family is so cute. Then Sunday afternoon we went to Wendover (little gambling town on the border of Utah and Nevada for those that don't know). Had a lot of fun, but didn't win anything! All while we are doing this I'm thinking about how I'm dreading my thirtieth birthday and how I can't believe my twenties's are ending. Then I remember how when I was a little girl in elementary school my teachers were "so old". Yeah right, they were more then likely in their late twenties or early thirties. Maybe even late thirties. That freaked me out a little bit more. Today I wake up after I've turned thirty and honestly I'm glad that I'm the age I am. I refuse to worry about it any more. For 1, I'm glad I have sucessfully made it to 30. I'm glad for all the expirences that I've had in my twenties, some of them bad, and some of them good. It made me a little wiser. I'm glad that I have left my twenties behind. I feel like it was a rite of passage that is done and over with. Scott was telling me that I was going to turn into a pumpkin at midnight, but I'm still here. I think that I also learned that time flies by so quickly. I need to slow down and enjoy life and look forward toward the next decade. Even if it means "getting old":)

1 comments:

The Viehweg's said...

I had a great time at breakfast on sunday. We definately have to get together when we are in town next month. Glad you are ok with this 30 crap, I'm still not happy about it. LOL I think I will eventually get over it....just in time to turn 31. We spent the whole day in the car yesterday so it didn't really feel like a birthday, maybe I can still pretend it didnt' happen.